Careers at ROCK Institute
Who We Are
ROCK Institute is a performance driven company that has served over 15,000 athletes and individuals worldwide. We have three divisions that work seamlessly together that are comprised of Performance Training, Corrective Therapies, along with Holistic Wellness solutions for the purpose of reaching optimum core kinetics.
ROCK Institute is committed to providing the individual the safest, most ethical scientific methods for maximizing human performance (Body, Mind & Soul) and restoring optimal performance, power and pain free function.
We are searching for a Sports Performance Coach at our Newport Beach, CA location that is within the company’s Performance Division. This division focuses primarily on the delivery and implementation of programming to athletes. While the majority of this role will have a strong emphasis on coaching and program delivery, other job requirements may include:
- Assist, motivate and instruct clients in an ethical, legal and safe manner to achieve their goals
- Conduct onsite assessments of clients’ health and fitness utilizing our evaluation protocols
- Update training plans and / or re-evaluate clients as needed to ensure optimal outcomes
- Maintain constant communication with clients to ensure goals are being met
- Report various metrics to management, such as attendance, engagement, outreach efforts, and activity level
- Participate in program planning and development
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for group classes and enjoy creating and delivering new, fresh and innovative workouts
- Lead and / or participate in staff education covering all aspects of ROCK Institute methodology
- Perform all aspects of position held in a professional manner
- Follow established policies and procedures of the company
- Maintain credentials as required, including attending necessary continuing education courses
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum two years of coaching experience
- BA / BS Kinesiology or Sports Science or related degree
- Currently hold industry certification, preferably NSCA-CSCS, NASM or ACSM
- Excellent presentation skills in both small and large group settings
- Strong customer service skills where servicing the client is top priority
- Energy and passion for helping others achieve their personal goals
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience teaching group classes with emphasis of helping improve technique and ability
- Confident and punctual with a positive attitude and a passion to motivate others
- Collaborative, flexible leader inside and outside of the facility
- Excellent computer skills include Microsoft Office Suite or related products
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday
- Frequent walking, demonstrating and assisting with exercise movements; bending, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling, and squatting are movements performed daily
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ROCK Institute is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. ROCK Institute provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities
Focus on your patients instead of paperwork. Use your talents and passion to make a real difference in people’s lives. Room to grow into the clinical director for the right person.
Seeking a dynamic, growth-oriented physical therapist with prior outpatient experience to work for our growing cash-pay clinic in Newport Beach, CA
- Tired of seeing 12-16 patients per day?
- Do you wish you had more time to spend with your patients instead of dealing with insurance companies and paperwork?
- Are you starting to feel burned out already? – after working so hard to obtain your degree?
- Are you truly passionate about physical therapy and making a difference in people’s lives… just wish you had the time and freedom to make a difference??
If so, we might JUST be the position you’re looking for…
About the Company:
ROCK Institute is not your typical physical therapy or health care office. We specialize in helping people stay active, healthy and mobile – without pain pills or surgical procedures – so they can do the activities they love instead of sitting in the doctor’s office. We use cutting edge Regenerative Medicine solutions and functional movement to empower people so they feel more confident in their bodies.
We are mostly cash-based and only contract with Medicare. This means a lot of things for you when it comes to how you get to work with your patients….No more insurance companies dictating your plan of care. In addition to that – we just launched our ROCK Recovery room where we will be offering IV Therapy, 1:1 assisted stretching, Percussion massage
Other benefits include:
- Focus on your patients instead of paperwork – every patient is booked for one-on-one care in either 30 or 60 min sessions, giving you plenty of time for treatment plus time to write your treatment note.
- See a reasonable caseload of 6-8 patients per day, so that you go home feeling energized and happy about the work you did, instead of mentally and/or physically drained
- Look forward to coming to work every day – because you actually get to practice what you went to school for… physical therapy!!
- One-on-one mentorship and training every week – no matter your experience or skill level – to practice skills, go over cases, and make sure that your professional career development is on track.
- Most importantly… you’re allotted the time and space to use your talents and passion (you know, the thing that made you want to become a PT to begin with) to make a REAL difference in people’s lives by building meaningful relationships.
Who should apply for this job:
- Someone who is truly passionate about physical therapy and wants to make a real transformation in people’s lives
- Someone who is looking to work in an environment that is NOT a traditional outpatient clinic – we are a hard-working family that works together to produce the absolute best results and experience for our clients
- Someone who wants to learn and be mentored – we spend dedicated time every week just to practice skills and discuss tough cases -> that means new grads, please apply! You’ll learn everything you need to become a world-class therapist
- Someone who values growth – you’re getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing clinic. The ability to advance and take on leadership roles is here if you want them.
- Someone who is interested in learning how to incorporate functional movement into your practice. We have a very developed athletic performance program that our patients love, and that helps them expand on the amazing results that YOU help them get in your private sessions!
- Someone who wants a small clinic that operates with big business ideas.
What we’re looking for:
- A full time physical therapist to join our growing, hard-working, and family-like team.
- The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of outpatient job experience, or a new grad who’s taken the initiative to already get some advanced training under their belt.
- Someone who is highly motivated, and ready to soak up information.
- You should be licensed to practice physical therapy in the state of CA
- Someone who is upbeat, friendly and willing to participate in marketing activities such as videos for social media, or workshops that are designed to educate and recruit prospective patients.
- Someone who loves people and knows how to quickly build trust. You’re motivated to form long-lasting relationships that result in long-lasting results.
- If you’re a new grad – we welcome your application – you will get unbelievable amounts of training and mentorship so that not only will you succeed in this setting, but you will surpass your peers working in “traditional” environments. But please only apply if you’re truly serious about becoming a world-class therapist in a non-traditional setting.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Thirst for learning and continued growth….someone who is always asking why
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proactive nature and work ethic: have the ability to act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the company. Let’s build something together!
- Be able to think on your feet.
- The ability to translate complex concepts in a way that patients can easily understand, so they can stay compliant and make good decisions about their health
- The ability to easily build and develop trust, therapeutic alliance, and great relationships with clients so they stay on their plan of care and are eager to return and refer friends and family
- Professional and personal accountability: go the extra mile when needed, seek out information when you have to, maintain all necessary licenses to practice, proactively seek out and engage in activities that further your knowledge and skills.
- Excitement, love, and passion for helping others and for the growth of our company
- Current CA state license to practice physical therapy
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Exhibits behaviors that demonstrate professional accountability at all times, including but not limited to: practicing in a safe manner that minimizes risk to yourself and others; completing documentation in accordance to the CA state practice act in a timely and efficient manner, consistently and critically evaluates current research and evidence-based practice.
What you can expect from working here (the benefits):
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- The opportunity to work in a truly unique, growing and innovative practice-model
- No insurance companies to deal with!!
- Reasonable and realistic productivity standards that allow you to enjoy a work-life balance
Salary Range: $65,000 to $85,000